Sunday, December 6, 2009

78 Days Down...



Houston, we have a problem. Well, we have two problems. 1) The Patriots lost the second week in a row (what is going on!? clearly Tom misses me). 2) I'm going to need a Ballymaloe Miracle to finish my 3 course meal within the 3 hour time limit. It sounds like plenty of time, but it's just not going to happen. Unless I buy magic, quick-cooking ingredients from the same man who sold Jack his beanstalk beans. Wallowing in Julie & Julia nostalgia, I thought boeuf bourguignon was a symbolic and classic choice. Boy, was I wrong. It takes hours! Bring on the point deductions!

Other than that painful realization, I spent the second Sunday of Advent studying (or "revising" as they say over here), hiking the Ballycotton Cliff walk, and pathetically watching the semi-finals of "X-Factor", the UK version of American Idol. I have embarrassingly fallen in love with the program, and have already gone into premature mourning over missing the finale next Sunday. There's always Youtube, I suppose...

2 comments:

  1. Binny,

    Did you choose the exam menu or was it assigned? Can you change it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bin: Aren't there Cliff Notes? Or couldn't you just copy a Radcliffe girl's notes, as I used to do? Or, thinking of the late Senator Kennedy, just pay someone to "cook" the boeuf bourguignon exam for you! (Just kidding.) Tom Brady IS off his game and misses you. So do all of us. We can't wait to see you on Saturday. Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete