Sunday, November 22, 2009

64 Days...


It's hard to complain when you wake up Sunday morning with the sun streaming through two French doors that open onto a patio above a quiet Parisian street. I could get used to this! We all enjoyed a top-notch brunch at home, complete with fresh croissants, pain au chocolat, other pastries I cannot pronounce, various baguettes, jams, orange marmalade, different types of thick, crystallized honey, slow cooked scrambled eggs, clementines, homemade apple puree, stewed rhubarb, coconut macaroons, apple juice, orange juice, and coffee.

I love how you can walk downstairs to a local baker and pick up bags of baked masterpieces in minutes! I took some mental notes on all the different pastry variations, and memorized the coconut macaroon recipe. I'll try to recreate that brunch someday!

Within the blink of an eye, I had to reluctantly head back to the airport. With any luck, I'll be back. You can be sure of that.


No comments:

Post a Comment